How To Wear .. The Monochrome Trend S/S13

Monochrome is my favourite up and coming trend for Spring / Summer 2013. It's quite strange really that black and white will be rocked in the months where bright colours and pastels usually shine, but it's such a lovely change. Monochrome can be both sporty, urban and girly. It really can fit with most peoples taste and style! :-)




'Boy London' Style Sweater, Ebay - £15.99
Faux Leather 'Pu' Elasticated Sports Shorts, Missguided - £17.99
Spike / Studded Cap, You Wear Fashion - £22
Faux Suede & Leather High Top Wedge Sneakers, Ebay - £14.98

Faux leather sports shorts like these are soooo nice. I absolutely love the sporty / urban feel to this outfit. I really wish it was sunnierso I couldget my pins out! The 'Boy' sweater is fairly hipster, along with the studded cap, but I can't help but love it ;-)





Boy Cap, Ebay - £13.99
Black T Shirt With Leather Detailing, Choies - $41
Faux Leather Biker Zip Shorts, Choies - $56.99
Platform White Sneakers / Converse, Ebay - £17.99

I saw this Boy cap on a photoshoot recently with a monochrome theme and fell alittle bit in love. Again with the hipsterness (sorry!) I already own the 'boy' beanie, so a cap is the next natural step! These leather shorts are a lookalike of the Unif Axl shorts I've been really lusting after. Again - I really wish it was sunnier!





Striped Oversized Pocket Sheer Blouse, Ebay - £23.99
Faux Leather Leggings, Ebay - £3.99
Faux Leather Transparent Wedge / Heel (Similar to Maison Martin Margiela for H&M!), choies - $171.99
Alexander Wang Kirsten Tote Lookalike, ebay - £33.99

I might have made a cheeky purchase of this blouse already, it's so lovely! Different to any other stripe shirt I've seen around. I think stripes are quite easy to incorporate within a monochrome theme, but not alwaaaaysss necessary, so try not to overdo it. Adding a pop of red is my favourite thing to do and lipstick should just do the trick. Oh my gosh, these heels are lookalikesof the Maison Martin Margiela for H&M ones - swooooooon. Soooo beautiful! I would defnitely buy them if the heel was bigger, but cause they're quite small I don't think I'd ever wear them. But aren't they just a dreaaaam? <3

Lookalike Celine Tee, Ebay - £7.49
Motel Jordan Stripe Jeans, Motel - £48
Michael Kors Gold Watch, Michael Kors - £229
Faux Red YSL Arty Gemstone Ring, Ebay - 99p
Lookalike Chanel Half Tint Sunglasses, Ebay - £6.33
Clear Persex Clutch, ebay - £12.99
Faux Jeffrey Campbell Spike Lita Lookalikes (£39.99) c/o daisystreet

This si the girliest ofthe monochromes and I had to add a cheaky MK watch and arty ring lookalike. The celine top isa staple for the monochrome trend I would say, and I'm so happy to have these Jordan jeans in my wardrobe as again - monochrome staple! I really like these chanel lookalike half tints, I didn't get around towearing mine last summer so fingers crossed I do this year.


I hope this has inspired you for the monochrome trend which is sweeping the nation already! I'm hoping it's sunny soon so I can fully emerse myself in it.

Will you be rocking it?
Facebook | Twitter | Lookbook | Pinterest | Tumblr | Instagram | Bloglovin |




0 comments:

Post a Comment